Father & son bond over a fire truck (view this story)

Michael Lloyd Sept. 4, 2010, 12:14 p.m. permalink

"What more could you ask for?" It's a drive thru town in an antique fire truck. Very pretty, very well shot and edited.

Eric Seals Sept. 4, 2010, 2:31 p.m. permalink

Thanks Michael :-)

Mike De Sisti Sept. 7, 2010, 9:35 p.m. permalink

Really nice job. Wonderful B-roll and nice editing on the natural sound. The only thing missing for me is reaction for folks seeing this old truck on the street. I'm sure many are familiar with it around town. It would have perhaps added a little humor. Besides that, well done!

Eric Seals Sept. 8, 2010, 2:58 a.m. permalink

Thanks Mike.

I would have loved for reaction on the streets but this was shot on an early Saturday morning (only time it would fit with their schedules) and in this small town outside of Detroit there just weren't many people around.  I even had it parked in front of a firehouse museum (pictured above) when shooting and thought that some people visiting the museum would want to take pictures of it, ask the owners questions, kids climb aboard but those things just didn't happen in the two hours I was shooting this.

It was in my mind to have that perhaps later in the day with more people that could have happen.  Good point :-)

Don Himsel Sept. 27, 2010, 12:34 p.m. permalink

Hi Eric,

Well shot. Well sequenced.  Though I'm a proponent of short web video I wish this one would have slowed down a bit.  I don't think the bond between father and son was explored fully.  Perhaps some audio breaking up each of their comments.  Take the pace down a bit.  Generally nice job.

Eric Seals Sept. 27, 2010, 1:29 p.m. permalink

Cool thanks for checking it out Don. These "My Rides" videos we do leading up to the famous Woodward Dream Cruise is always about the car culture. Keeping it short, churning them out for car fanatics to enjoy and in this case just skimming the surface of their bond was ok with me.

Good idea about the audio breaks :-)

Likes1 like